Thursday 16th March to Friday 2nd June!
Yes, that’s how long I was without any fixed line Internet at my house.
But that’s what you get when the Government monopolises the internet infrastructure!
Aussie readers, AVOID THE NBN as long as possible.
So thankfully I was prepared and had my backup mobile broadband system in place, ready to take over and keep me trading (albeit with reduced size due to concerns over stability).
Granted, the backup system was only ever expected to be a short-term measure, put in place for short-term outages. Not 11 weeks. But it performed well and did the job it was meant to do.
So… the task for you this weekend…
- What is your backup plan in the event of internet failure? How quickly can you get back online to manage (or close out) any positions?
- What is your backup plan in the event of long-term internet failure? How will you manage to continue trading?
And if you feel up to it, consider other system failures as well:
- What is your backup plan in the event of computer failure?
- What is your backup plan in the event of power failure?
- (Repeat for any other system your business relies upon!)